Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Weekend in Review (Including Monday!)

My weekend (including Monday because I'm lazy and didn't get this up yesterday):


Friday:

Met an old friend at Everybody's Pizza down on (close enough) Emory's campus. It was great to see her, since it's been well over a year. Unfortunately Everybody's Pizza has the single MOST disgusting pizza I've ever encountered. Maybe it's the pizza sauce, that is worse than generic tomato sauce. Or maybe it's the provolone, mozzarella and parmesan cheese blend they use. All I know is after 3 pieces my stomach said, "Look. Asshole. Stop eating that crap! No, you know what, go ahead, take another bite. You want to play it hard, we can play it hard. I DARE you to take another bite!" Needless to say I stopped.
The rest of the evening was spent on the couch trying not to hork. At least the Sci-Fi channel was there to keep my mind off of pizza. erk.


Saturday:

Amanda was out at the lake with a group of ladies from the neighborhood playing bunco. Or as they call it in Vegas: craps. This kept me free to play a round of golf with a friend. Then of course there was the after-golf beering that occurred. Then we decided there was time to wander through electronics stores, and I found the 3rd season of Angel for cheap. I also found that HD-DVRs are getting cheap now. Woot.


Sunday:

Home improvement day! Which meant that Amanda and I spent the day bickering. You see, I unfortunately have an opinion. And while Amanda and I are usually in the same book, we're seldom on the same page, or even chapter. I swear once we're done with the house stuff, we'll be experienced negotiators to get jobs for the UN. Next time Kerplekistan and Herflangistan go to war because one prostrates to their god while leading with the left knee and the other leads with the right, you can just send in Amanda and I and we'll negotiate peace. The home stuff is exacerbated by the fact that men just see colors differently. We're see in the Windows default setting. 256 thats all you're going to get.
Then we ate dinner with our friends who have two toddlers and another set of friends who are moving in down the road from us. It was a nice outing that ended when the usual meltdown of the kids forced us from the restaurant. After that Amanda beat my ass around the tennis court, paying me back for earlier behavior at the hardware store.


Monday:

Work! (duh). And more tennis. Oh, and the first 4 episodes of Angel season 3. And honestly, I'm beginning to think that the entire cast of Lost is comprised of actors with bit or minor parts in Angel. I think I'm up to three people on Lost that I've seen in Angel. Weird.


1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger PJ said...

Excellent use of the word "exacerbated".

And the "Windows Default Setting"? Now THAT'S some funny shit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home