Thursday, July 21, 2005

Just add hobbits

When I was in France I was, and still am, fascinated by one appetizer. I can't even remember what it was called but it was essentially slices of a cantelope-like melon, with slices of deli ham wrapped around them. I found this bizarre to say the least. What most concerned me was that somewhere in the dim annals of history someone was sitting around and saying "This melon is wonderful, just ripe enough, and juicy. It's like an orgasm for your taste buds. But you know what it really needs? Ham. Maybe bacon, but some sort of cooked pig meat." Or since it was in France, "ce melon est merveilleux, assez mûr, et juteux. Il est comme un orgasme pour vos bourgeons de goût. Mais vous savez de ce qu'il a besoin vraiment ? Jambon. Peut-être lard, mais une certaine sorte de viande cuite de porc."

It's almost like a game. Taking two completely unrelated topics, ideas, things, and juxtaposing them together to create some Frankensteinesque beast. So here's a fascinating little experiment I found involving hobbits (no, not delicately sliced hobbit wrapped around melon. But just as funny)

Once More With Hobbits!

4 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Shanshu said...

I never thought you could mix LOR and Buffy. I was wrong, it seems.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Still laughing about the idea of a singing Gimli. That ain't right.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

And show-off, with the French and all. Or did you BabelFish that? No, I guess you did take French in school. Listen, I couldn't construct a single Spanish sentence these days. You bastard.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger wrmblnwrck said...

No no, I must admit to using babelfish. I could probably come close a couple years ago, but I've forgotten enough vocab now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home