Thursday, July 14, 2005

Random Thoughts I

1) So, when did 7.5 FEET of water constitute "light flooding"? Seems to me that if you have to be evacuated from your Atlanta-area home by freaking boat, that it would net more than just "light flooding"

2) Robot Chicken is awesome.

3) My final exam this semester got changed to a project. That rocks. Give me a project any day. I hate written tests.

4) My cat, Loki, wakes us up about 15 minutes before our alarm goes off. My question is, how does she know when we have set the alarm for if its a different time every morning? Creepy.

5) Please, for the love of God, stop Americanizing British shows. It just doesn't work. I recently saw a commercial for the American version of The Office. I remember what they did to Coupling. Please please stop.

6) And to continue a theme: Box office revenues are down. They claim piracy. I can sum it up in 4 words: Deuce Bigelow, European Gigolo. Some movies just shouldn't have sequels.

7) Some movies should come with warning labels. For instance, you should never watch Office Space when you are both working with computers and disgruntled at work. It makes you entirely too cavalier about things.

8) I think thats all I think for now.

4 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Random Comments:

1. Linking procedure complete, captain.

2. Robot Chicken, is indeed freakin' awesome.

3. American remakes of british comedies should be punishable by death.

4. For some reason this made me think of the movie Office Space: http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/042905/selecting-a-printer.gif

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Shanshu said...

I HATE American remakes of British shows! The only one I can think of, that kept the original glory (and might actually be better) is "Who's Line is it, Anyway?".

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger PJ said...

Indeed. "Who's Line" is better as an American version. I've always suggested that it's because all their jokes and references relate to Amercian icons, etc. The British version, while funny, commonly references things that most U.S.ers don't recognize.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Shanshu said...

Well, yeah...but that doesn't make the show BETTER in the US; that just makes the show better FOR the US.

But we both agree the show is better than the original, which is all that matters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home