Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Dreamscape

I've always had crazy nightmares, ever since I can remember. In fact, I don't remember any "normal" dreams good or bad. As a small child I never seemed to have dreams about playing on the playground, no I had dreams about being tortured by various lengths of strings that emitted different tones. I had continual nightmares about vampires when I was in a bad place personally around 18/19 years old. This past nightmare was one for the books (it's a little abbreviated since it has been most of a day since I woke up):

I parked the car, and walked up to the office door. It was a sunny day, and everything seemed kind of whitewashed. The door chimed as I opened it. Immediately I was sitting in the dentists office. He began to explain the upcoming surgery that I was completely unaware of only moments ago.
"First we're going to take a hammer and chisel and break your tooth along these two fissures," the dentist began. He conjured a 3d image of a tooth getting hit by a hammer.
"Now, we can either knock you out completely, or you can go without anesthetic. That is totally up to you."
I started to panic, sitting down in the dentist chair that reclines. I did some meditation and breathing techniques to calm down.
Now in my dream I was panicking because general anesthesia scares me more than death. Don't ask, it's retarded and it's a phobia. After some time, I could feel myself drifting off to sleep in that chair. Suddenly I know I'm dreaming. This thought completely calms me since I can wake up and leave this behind.
Before I can wake the dentist grabs me by the collar leans close and says, "Oh no, you're not going anywhere." And just like that I'm back in the dream, and I can't wake up. The dentist drags me into another room, each time I try to wake up I can feel him grab me in some bizarre non-physical way and slam me back into the dream. He forces me to sit down in a chair at a table.
A nurse struts over to me and uses restraints that are suddenly part of the chair to keep me seated with my right arm out on the table, immoble. She laughs rather maniacally as she walks over to a medical supply station. She comes back with a very large syringe filled with a murky liquid. The nurse grins as she stabs the syringe into my arm.
Almost immediately my arm leaks a strange purple jelly which she smooths into my skin. She nods and hands the dentist a scalpel. He grabs it, sits down and cuts into my arm. It hurts like a son of a bitch. The dentist stands up, "What the hell is this?" He shouts at the nurse. The nurse begins to laugh.
At this point I realize that the syringe didn't have a local anesthetic in it, and God knows what it DID have. I also realize that the dentist is surprised by this, and that I was wanted by several organizations. I had to leave.
Thankfully the restraints dissappeared and I was able to leave quickly. I got into my car that was now a miniaturized Formula-One car. A quick car chase ensued until I crashed in an empty field. I was suddenly confronted by a creature that was half tree half man. It's face was a wooden mask, no nose, just two holes where eyes would be and a hole for the mouth. As soon as the fight began,
I woke up.

After I managed to wake up, I could feel that I had an adrenaline rush, and my pulse was going like I'd been running. The thing that is difficult to convey is that I knew that I was dreaming but couldn't wake up, and had to keep playing along with the dream. Anyway, it was freaky, and I'm really hoping for some normality this evening!

2 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Shanshu said...

Yes, that would qualify as the strangest dream I've heard about, in awhile. Good grief.

I hear ya, on the strange nightmares thing. When I was a kid, I had recurring dreams involving ET coming to kill me. Sometimes, he would actually drag me under the bed. Stupid aliens.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"He conjured a 3d image of a tooth getting hit by a hammer."

So, anyone else picture the Atari-style projection of the Death Star?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home