Monday, August 22, 2005

Ode to My Tivo

Oh Tivo, my Tivo, sitting valiantly aside the TV.
What I would do without you, I hope to never see.
You do your job without pause or complaint,
For late night programming you are the patron saint.
No longer a slave to any particular show,
You stedfastily record it, as I come and go.
Firefly, Stargate both SG-1 and Atlantis,
Battlestar Galactica I'll never again have to miss.
Because they're on Friday nights, and lets be honest,
To go out with friends or just Amanda is best.
So whilst I'm having fun,
And you've just got done,
Taping new episodes and saving them like the rest.
You also keep the peace by letting me record,
Some B movie that would cause severe discord.
If I forced my girl to watch with me,
Instead of Trading Spaces on TLC.
The only complaint, if I had to wager,
Is that you thought I was a gay history major.
I can't allow you to just up and archive,
Things you feel on which I would thrive.
We tried that once before don't you remember,
Every episode of Queer Eye and more in December,
Plus countless shows on tombs and pharaohs.
Was the only saving grace my dear Tivo.
Mysteries of the Ancient World? Yes, yes si vous plait!
Gay drama and cinema? Not my cup of tea okay?
So record what I want and we'll be alright.
And keep those shows all through the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home