Thursday, September 15, 2005

Bring Out Your Dead

Today I was glancing through the headlines on cnn.com, and ran across this gem of a headline: Lab Mice Infected with Plague Missing. The gist of the article is that there are several mice that have the bubonic plague are gone. Missing from the lab. No one knows if they were stolen, eaten by other lab animals, or just lost in a shuffle of paperwork. They had the general opinion of "Yeah, we don't know where they are, they're sneaky little buggers. The mice will either turn up or not." Are you fucking kidding me?? This is the Black Death. You know, killed over half of Europe and you're being blase about it.

Didn't ANYBODY see 12 Monkeys? I'm sure that there was someone who saw a headline in that movie: "Top secret virus lab broken into, vials unaccounted for. Also in the news hundreds of people dead from misterious illness. More at 11." But then I read that 10 or 12 people turn up each year with it here in the US. That just blows my mind. I mean it's probably not THAT big of a deal what with modern medicine and all, but it's still kinda spooky.

2 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Shanshu said...

Oh, great. I'll just spend another night laying awake soaked in fear sweat.

Thanks a bunch.

Dammit Rich!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

this one made me laugh out loud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home