Friday, February 24, 2006

Sure, I'll Share the Road. I'll also Share My Foot In Your Ass

Cyclists. You know who I'm talking about. Captain Spandex and his alien-carapice looking helmet. The guy who's all the way over on the right side of the road, but still taking up enough space that you can't pass him. Oh, and did I forget to mention he's doing about 15mph in a 45mph zone????? Look, I'm all cool with the idea of cycling. It's great exercise. God knows I can't throw stones since my usual exercise involves riding the elevator. If you want to play dress up and put on a space suit and go ride your bike. Fine. Seriously, fine.

But.

Do you think, maybe...just maybe you could, oh I don't know, AVOID major surface streets at 530pm?? Fucking A people. And for that matter, Fucking B. If you can't even manage a substantial FRACTION of the speed limit, mayhaps you should find a different road.

Oh, oh, and what's really aggrevating is when you finally, finally manage to get past him, and speeding down the road you hit a red light. Boom. This gives him a chance to catch up. And what does he do?? He scoots by all the cars and goes to the front, thus forcing everyone to go slow again. Like Justice League rejects who decide that if they can't get the job fighting crime, they'll do the next best thing. Be a pace car.

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Shanshu said...

Or, here's a wacky idea...maybe cyclists could do their alien biking on the bike trails, nature trails, and all of the other places where biking doesn't cause so much stress and pain to other people.

I am with you on this one.

Welcome back.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger wrmblnwrck said...

Thanks!

Shan, your idea just makes too much damn sense. It'll never catch on.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Shanshu said...

The smart ones never do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home