Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Fanboy

I'm sitting here basking in the bliss and rapture of my newly installed ceiling fan. It occurs to me that this device had to have been conceived with divine inspiration or favor. I mean whoever invented this has to be alright. If they were a Viking then warrior death or not I'm sure he's drinking mead in Valhalla. If they were Ancient Egyptian then they'd probably be made a minor diety or something after a thousand years. Cuz this thing rocks.

This is also the reason I could never EVER appear on Trading Spaces or the ilk. You know the show where some "designer" comes in and totally screws up your room, and you're supposed to say how much you love the Pepto-Bismol pink floors and the bowling balls glued to the walls. I couldn't do that show because they'd take my ceiling fan down and I wouldn't be pleasant. Ceiling fans are anathema to these people (as are fireplaces) for some unfathomable reason. Anyone who lives where it is a) hot and/or (especially and) b) humid who also gets to sign the check on the utility bill for air conditioning knows that a fan can make a huge difference.

So I'm going to just sit here and enjoy actually being comfortable in my obviously unchic room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home