Thursday, December 15, 2005

Post Finals Detox

Finals are done. Yay! My brain I can say is actually full. I can't stuff an extra bit of information into it. Here's random sampling of things.

1) At some point, the Scooby-Doo theme song was stuck in my head. I have no idea why.
2) I'm tutoring a neighbors kid in chemistry. Much to my consternation, still remember the atomic weight of Oxygen, Calcium, and several others.
3) Spammers are trying to cash in on the holiday. I keep getting spam with the title of "Your order status: Rwillman". I hate spammers. There ought to be a special hell for people like that. Maybe like having to walk through an infinite mall and spend eternity fending off the people who want to spray you with scents/try out their widget/sign up for their cell phone. Of course, then there ought to be a special hell for THOSE people, where they are spammed once a second for eternity.
4) I thought I was being clever naming the cat Loki. We've since heard of two other people who've done so, and even one who calls it "Loki monster"....like we do.
5) They had a Behind the Scenes: Faulty Towers as a telethon on PBS the other night. I found out that Manuel on that show is really a very eloquent british man. I think that's odd.
6) I'm sporting a 3.85 in grad school. Woot.
7) I got an Old-World looking globe for christmas. I reiterate my original woot.
8) The nutjob in charge of Iran says that Hitlers extermination of the Jews is just a myth. And he's going to have nukes soon. I've always wondered what a post-apocalyptic world would be like. Looks like we'll actually get to find out.
9) I heard some hard liner make the statement that saying Merry Christmas was just expressing the Judeo-Christian belief that is the corner stone of our country. Now, I'm not big on P.C., I say Merry Christmas to you, you say Happy Hanukah/Winter Solstice/Geundathars Ascension to me. Fine. But I'm pretty sure the "Judeo" part doesn't give a rats ass about Christmas.
10) My football team is in the Emerald Bowl in San Francisco. Great. ANOTHER bowl game on the wrong side of the country.
11) That's all I think I think at the moment

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger PJ said...

1) You should switch to Airwolf.
2) I don't know if that's sad or if I'm just jealous.
3) Spammers will stop when the ignorant stop clicking on their shit. The rest of us have to suffer spam purgatory until that day.
4) There seem to be few original ideas anymore. It's frustrating.
5) I don't remember the show enough to know if that's a big deal or not.
6) Woot.
7) Woot Woot.
8) Albert Einstein once said: "I'm not sure what weapons will be used in World War III, but in World War IV, we'll be using sticks and stones." Yikes.
9) Geundathars Ascension. Hilarious.
10) Mine is playing in the Fort Worth Bowl. How fucking lame a bowl does it have to be to not even have a sponsor or cool name?
11) I'm tired of typing, anyway.

Carry on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home