Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Reply Button is the One That Says "Reply"

No more work for me today!! I'm taking 2 days off. No real reason other than I haven't had a day off since May. That and I have 21 days of paid leave currently accrued. So when I got out of the bank on the way to work this morning and my car wouldn't start, I decided to just forget work.

1) My Fucking Car.

Jan 2005 -> Clutch fails mysteriously. $1305.00
Aug 2005 -> Battery Dead. Terminal, terminal caps, wires corroded to the point where they're all one piece of material that faintly resembles metal. $125.00 + 2 days of me labor
Oct 2005 -> Battery sealer that friend told me to use to prevent corrosion causes connectivity problems leaving me stranded at the bank. $30.07 for new wire + system checkout.

2005 has been a BAD year for my car.

2) I'm getting a masters degree. For no other reason than it opens doors. It is an online degree. Interactive-streaming audio+video+chat lectures that are recorded and can be watched later. The course is designed for people who work 40+ hours a day and can't always make a lecture. So my current asshole professor makes assignment/project/policy changes in lecture and does not echo those changes to the website. He also refuses to answer my emails. Period. I've emailed him 4 times. 4!! About getting a login to a certain lab so I can do my project. I have received a response to the 2nd email which was "I forgot, I will do it tomorrow". He didn't. Now it's a month later and still no freaking login. And I'm wondering at what point do you talk to the head of the department? I certainly don't want to piss this guy off to where he fails me out of spite, but I'd also like a response now and then.

3) We're getting our upstairs AC, upstairs furnace, AND ductwork replaced today and tomorrow!! Which is going to make the utility bills lighter, and make it cooler/hotter in here when appropriate.

4) That's pretty much it. I'm not at work so nah-nah-nah-nah :)

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger PJ said...

I read #3, and got really excited for you.

We're getting old.

Enjoy your time off!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Shanshu said...

You're a punk! I would LOVE to be off work, today. Just you wait, until my writing career takes off and I can work from home, or something. THEN you'll be jealous and I'll be at your house drinking YOUR beer.

Creep. Enjoy your weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home